Orchard Park Soccer Club Select Program
Orchard Park Soccer Club announces tryouts for the following Select team for the summer of 2018.
- Each team will train 2 evenings per week indoor at Sahlens from January – April
- Each team will enter league play for the summer of 2018. The league to be determined by the coaches.
- Older teams may enter into College Showcases.
- Teams may enter State Cup as determined by the coaches.
- Estimated cost will be $900 plus uniforms. Final cost will be determined and published prior to deadline to accept a position.
- Questions can be directed to Tom Hanlon at email@example.com
- Coach Siefert played five years for the Medaille College Mavericks and was a respected team leader and captain. Coach Siefert has spent ten years coaching club soccer in the area leading his teams to many championships. Coach Siefert holds NSCAA National Diploma, and NSCAA National Goalkeeper Diploma. Coach Siefert holds a Bachelor’s degree from Medaille College. For OPSC Coach John has coached the U16 Boys Select team for 3 years and in 2014 he coached the Girls Select U17 Team to the BWNYJSL U19 A Division Championship as well as champions of the 2014 Adidas Empire Cup College Showcase. Currently, he is coaching the OPSC Girls U17 Select team.
- Mike brings 15 years of travel, premier, high school, and college coaching experience to the team. This includes coaching at Empire United Soccer Club, Daemen College, Riverside Soccer Club, Delaware Soccer Club, and the NYSW Olympic Development Program. Scholastically, Mike coaches the East Aurora Junior Varsity Boys Soccer team after coaching the Holland Boys Varsity team to two consecutive Section VI Championships in 2006 (state finalist) and 2007. Additionally, Mike has coached camps at Roberts Wesleyan College, Clarion University, Edinboro University and Erie’s Family First Sports. Currently, Mike is head coach of the Orchard Park Storm Girls 2001 U16 team playing in the NYWYSA Thruway League and previously coached the Orchard Park Boy’s U12B Select team.
- Scott brings over 20 years of elite level experience as a player and coach to the team. Scott’s earliest years in the game were heavily influenced by his grandfather who played with FC Kaiserslautern in the Bundesliga. As a player, Scott played for many of the elite programs in NY and finished his amateur career playing for the University of Buffalo’s Varsity team. As a coach, Scott’s developed and trained hundreds of elite players and teams. This includes seasons with the US Soccer Olympic Development program, Empire United, Lakeshore High School, Lake Shore Soccer Club, and Hilbert College. Scott is currently coaching Orchard Park Boys U13 Select team and previously coached the OP Storm U14 Girls team in the NY Thruway League after coaching the team to an undefeated season winning the BWNYJSL in the 2015.
- Soccer has been instrumental in providing a foundation for development throughout my life. I embraced the game at a young age in Orchard Park and followed my passion to play collegiately at Buffalo Sate and the University at Buffalo. I was fortunate to play for the New York State West Olympic Development Program and currently now coach within that system working with the 96 boys. My passion for coaching developed through my experience at Hamburg High School where I coached the boys varsity team for 15 years. During that time, I realized the importance of player development and individual growth. My philosophy is based on sound coaching that emphasizes the technical, tactical, physical and psychological aspects of the game. This can only be achieved through genuine care within and outside of the training environment. I currently reside in Orchard Park with my wife Tricia, and my kids Griffin and Leah. Jim currently holds a National Soccer Coaches Association of America (NSCAA) Director of Coaching Diploma, a United States Soccer Federation (USSF) C coaching license, and is currently a coach on the staff of New York State West Soccer Association’s Olympic Development Program (ODP). Jim also currently runs the Orchard Park Academy Training Program.